Hollard acknowledges the judgement delivered by the NSW Court of Appeal in the test case brought by the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) seeking judicial interpretation of the references to the Quarantine Act 1908 in the infectious diseases cover under the Business Interruption section of Business Package insurance policies within Australia.
The Court found in favour of Policyholders.
Hollard recognises how important this case is for customers and the insurance industry alike. Along with other insurers we will study the judgement in detail over coming days including in consideration of a potential appeal to the High Court of Australia.
Hollard volunteered to participate as a party to the industry test case, to help achieve clarity for customers and the industry of how the infectious disease exclusions in policy documents respond to the unique circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Throughout the pandemic we have provided a range of relief to our customers and partners, including extensions of cover and credit terms, and financial hardship arrangements.
Please refer to the ICA media release for further information.
8 December 2020 - Insurers to appeal to High Court regarding business interruption policies. Read the ICA Media Release.
Make a Claim
In the event of a Business Interruption claim, we encourage policyholders to contact your broker to lodge a claim.
In order to assist us with assessing a Business Interruption claim we request that you submit or have the following available:
- 2018 & 2019 Financial Year Profit and Loss Statements (detailed with trading account summary included)
- BAS Lodgment Summary Statements for the following quarters:
- 1 Jan to 31 Mar 19
- 1 Apr to 30 Jun 19
- 1 Jul to 30 Sep 19
- 1 Oct to 31 Dec 19
- 1 Jan to 31 Mar 20
- 1 Apr to 30 Jun 20
- 1 Jul to 30 Sep 20
- 1 Oct to 31 Dec 20
- Profit and Loss Statements
- Profit and Loss Statements for 2019 March, June, September and December quarters
- Profit and Loss Statements for 2020 March, June, September and December quarters (when complete)
- Profit and Loss Statement for 2021 March Quarter (when complete)
- If applicable, for loss period being claimed
- Profit and Loss Statements for 2020 June quarter (when complete)
- Monthly Job Keeper payment summaries commencing from 31 March 2020
- Copy of any Government orders received.
- Location details of any localised COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Details of any Government (State and Federal) COVID-19 support grants received.
Please note that we may request additional information to assess the loss.