16 January 2020
With the continued catastrophic bushfires across Australia, we are committed to supporting you, your clients and the community in the affected areas.
As part of this support, we have put in place a number of provisions to help you support your clients when they need it most. To ensure policyholders are immediately assisted, and help them get back on their feet faster, we are providing the following emergency claims services:
- Direct contact with broker partners who have clients in bushfire impacted areas, to ensure policyholders are quickly assisted if they require it
- Emergency EFT payments
- No claims forms and reduced information requirements for fast claims lodgement. Brokers can simply provide the following information to our claims team via email (reference ‘BUSHFIRE’ in the Subject Line) or over the phone on 1300 306 266 for processing:
- Policy number
- Policyholder’s name
- Policyholder’s address
- Policyholder’s best contact number
- Short damage description
- 1 quote for repairs or replacements (where reasonable), and where possible we will utilise the services of local businesses to help support rebuilding the community
- 24/7 claims support and online claims lodgement
If a total loss is declared by the assessor, we will work with you and your client to quickly process the claim settlement.
Business Insurance Policy Benefits
Remember there are benefits within your clients’ policy that can quickly assist them during this difficult time, if they have specifically elected for Property Damage and Business Interruption Cover. We have highlighted the following policy benefits, which you can inform your client about:
- Catastrophe Inflation Protection
- Expediting Costs
- Removal of Debris
- Prevention of Access
Please refer to your policy wording for full details of these benefits.
Our thoughts are with all of those impacted by this catastrophic event. If you require further assistance, please contact us.